Home

Monday, November 16, 2009

printing, making, and stressing.

I often forget that i have a serious temper. Since i have moved to oregon i have suppressed my levels of stress significantly. Butttt every once in a while, like when a werwolf sees a full moon, i shift into seriuose anger. I laugh it off, haha, and think to myself how funny the world is. Its easier that way, maybe that is growing up. Who knows. Any way, i been busting my ass working for school, taking lots of time to do my work, and just try to make stuff that dosn't suck. (however it usually does). Hours in front of the computer, hours drawing, and hours being stressed. Usually this always produces some pretty cool stuff. Today i finally finished this show and tell poster i was doing for school. After getting my ideas straight and producing my final piece it was time to print. I shoot to the school (not to early) and go to print. Well the lady says they are close to being out of the paper i wanted to print on. I was like thats cool cuz your not out of paper, so boom! I'm dialed. We throw my document up on her computer (the lady was a jem, nice as hell.) and shits going haywire. The document is taking forever to load, not my day. So i take my time to go through the document peep the problem try making it smaller. Doesn't work. she puts some other girls work up on the computer to print it. Her flash drive crashes the computer not once but twice, in the process of the computer taking a shit, the printer bangs out two f'd up pieces of paper. Great the count went from like 5 pieces of paper or so to 3. We finally figure out to try another computer, lol. well now there are 4 people in front of me or so trying to print the same size paper as i needed to. This is no ones fault but mine. I got fed up and as steam came out of my ears i decided to get the hell outa there haha. I went to clean copy to go get my stuff printed. Let me tell you never in my life have i wasted 15 dollars as bad as i did here. So u can picture the out come. 15 dollars and a shitty shitty print of my poster later, i said fuck it ill go to kinkos. I called them first so i wouldn't freak out in the store. Lady said it could be done by 830. RAD im thinking to myself, i win... well when i got there to drop it off she said the printer was broken all day and it wont be done till tomorrow. mind you there are a thousand other kinkos, but!, i went there cuz the lady said she could have it done. Im not sure what kind of attempt this was to get money to the store, but it was a crappy one. However, i needed it printed. so I'm praying before 11 tonight it'll be done, or imma have to wake up at like 6 to get this shit.
And this is just another day in my life. Due tomorrow is also a bunch of thumbnail sketches for this book-cover project we have to do. Which i am psyched about, and nervouse about at the same time. To bad my printing experience could not have gone a bit smoother i would be on top of the world right now. But I'm here writing a blog smoking cigs. HAhh. Well here is my final poster and some sketches I'm doing for my next assignment. Trying to get the ball rolling!
Ill leave people off with a "you all better watch"...
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, its on hulu go there see it.
Im sure a ton of people have already seen this movie, or at least read the book,(im always outdated with this shit), Its amazing, cant stop watching it. Its probably the best movie i have ever had the pleasure to watch.

Laters
Pauly

P.S. no pictures cuz my internet is sucking real bad right now. But peep my flickr if you wanna see what i was talking about.

1 comment:

  1. trying to catch up on pauly status. shit is ill. my t fav. lines of u being super responsible and pro. "I laugh it off, haha, and think to myself how funny the world is. Its easier that way, maybe that is growing up."
    and
    "I called them first so i wouldn't freak out in the store."
    lolin, knowin ur own rage, trying to take preautions and still gettin fucked by Kinkos.
    thats life ma dude.
    im gonna get one of these bloggerspotsluts started, ill let ya know.
    ily bra

    ReplyDelete