Home

Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Skavenger Hunt........ Artist 1


What i really love about design... Well I have always been super hyped on photography and street art. When i had the opportunity to get into graphic design I jumped on the opportunity. I love messing with computer programs and incorporating art forms from all walks of life into one. So to me this is design, it can be super simple or extremely complex.
I came across this artist by the name of Adrian Johnson on the grain edit web site. His work is super awesome and really shows how simple or complex a design could be. Out of all the images I chose this one, well i guess "these ones". each of these really interests me because of their simplicity. Very simple shapes are all combine to make awesome designs. The cloud is my favorite because of the colors. For whatever reason simplicity really intrigues me. there is blue and red, pretty simple right? well to me it seems much more complex. After reading his interview on the website it further proves that sometimes the simple things have way more meaning than most people think. I enjoy how some of the images he uses text and others are left to be more self explanatory. Design to me is making something simple, such as geometric shapes, or illustrations into something more complex. I think that  Adrian Johnson does a really good job at proving this.

No comments:

Post a Comment