Home

Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Skavenger Hunt........ Artist 5

 The next artist and the last one I looked at was Tim Biskup and I was pretty drawn into his work. I cant get the picture up on my blog for whatever reason but the link above will take you right to the piece i am talking about. This piece appealed to me for two reasons. One because of of its beauty, and the second because it relates to a project i have due for my intro to communications class (118). We are making pieces using simple geometric pieces, squares, rectangles etc. This guy makes all these shapes relate to a painting of a skull. He calls his piece "Doom loop # 1". Its a rad picture because the colors are so warm and inviting and you really have to stare at the painting for a while to figure out what it is. To be totally honest it may not be a skull, but it really looks like one, and the title gives the viewer a hint.
  I think that being able to make such a complex painting out of such simple shapes is amazing. It is not only really difficult, it takes a lot of thought and really good execution. I am really impressed by all of this guys work, but this one really stood out to me. I think       that everyone should take a long hard work at more of Tim's work because it is really, really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment