Home

Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Skavenger Hunt........ Artist 3


The next artist I found while looking around the poppy talk blog. His name is Matt Furie. This work is so awesome for so many reasons. His work is not only comical, but when u really start looking at it you realize how rad his work is. His drawings have so much texture to them it really draws your eye to his work. I found this image really interesting because it immediately caught my eye. One bike has a piggish monster on it, while the other has a human body and monster head. I cannot get over the colors used. they once again are pretty simple but really pop out and bring the viewer into the piece. the two bikes one red and one purple are the most interesting to versions of the colors I think i really ever seen. Almost a bit muted, but still very vibrant. Its pretty awesome. I love how the monster creature on the right is just gawking at the guy on the right. And once again I cannot stress it enough the texture he put on the monster is so detailed and awesome but u still feel that its a cartoon-ish character. This piece really works for me because the detail put in it makes the image so much more interesting but does not distract the viewer from the other aspects of the image. Its gives me a sense of street art. This would be awesome if it was blown up on some side of a building somewhere.  check out his site its defiantly worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment