Home

Monday, May 4, 2009

Art 118 project and tutorials

So after spending an hour in powells and looking through some books for inspiration i decided to start playing with this project for my art 118 class. kinda weird and hard anyways i came across two tutorials that let me come up with some really cool stuff, and taught me a shit ton about making clipping masks and compound paths. probably gibberish to some basically just lets me paste type on shapes cut stuff out, create letters out of letters. got some pictures. and the tutorials i found on google. This one 
taught me to put a picture behind text. then make it so the picture shows up in the text. ultimately this taught me to do what i planned to do, which was put text inside of my type. so it ruled in a nut shell. the other one 
taught me how to manipulate text by turning it into outlines and then playing with counters, and the letter itself. Both tutorials extensively taught me how to play with the alignment pallet, and the multiple pathfinder tools that exists. Its just another step for me its nice to be able to manipulate type, and create a design out of a simple letter. 
Other than that my dog has fleas, I'm up way to late, and on that note,
have a good night,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment