Home

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hand made images take way longer than you think.... 2

Here are the last five images. Check my FLICKR to see these images in order and not all thrown about my blog.


This one is mixed media. I took a computer genenerated image and a hand made and put them together. I think it came out really cool for two reasons. One it adds an awesome texture to the picture and secondly they line up really well. In the original hand made image everything was backwards because of the xerox transfer. I really liked how it was backwards, it gave it a photo negative feel. I also liked how when it was mirrored in photoshop how cool it looked too.



I started attempting to make an image out of solely hand drawn type. i started to realize i dont really have any recognizable shapes to do this. So ultimatly i had to add some detail so people can realate the images back to my original one. just played around im kinda into it either way. 


This image is once again a combination of the image about with the origina image. The type image is just really opaque and does not show all the way through, i really like the effects.

This is a xerox transfer on this cool paper i got at art media. its kinda this shiny weird textured paper, again the print looks really cool in person, i think that it lost some of its hand done feel when it went through the scanner. 


This one is a marker sketch, i did one with a marker earlyer where  i just totaly blackened in the dark area on an already printed image. this one i did from once again tracing some of the main shapes and going from there.



For my book i am going to keep all my hand made stuff hand made. I want there to be a obvious difference in computer generated art, and hand made generated art. I really like the feel of work that is not "perfect" i mean there is a time and a place to make things perfect and neat, and have a good out come. For me when it comes to hand made stuff the errors in the work are the things that are the most cool. I am not compromising craft and overall appearance of my book. Im just saying for the actual images, i want to keep them hand done. So the only reason i scanned them into the computer was to colabo some with a photoshop document, and to show you guys. 
kk laters,
Paul

1 comment:

  1. right on!

    you make such good blog posts and your images are looking GREAT!

    ReplyDelete