Home

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Photo Treatment project part 1

Ok so earlyer in my blog i talked about the project we were given for my art 120 class. to sum it up we take one image and do 30 diffrent treatments to the photo. Pretty much half computer bassed and half hand bassed. I chose this image to work with. Basically the contrast in it is
Perfect to work with. There is so many things i am going to do to the image. And guess what!?? i have already done three different treatments. I am going to talk about all my treatments in pretty good detail because i think process is important. This is not a project about using photoshop filters! but making our own renditions.
The First image is my solarized image. When i was in my photo class doing this manually was so sick. you pretty much took your photo out of the developer bath and ran it into white light, put it bak in the developer and it really brought out these crazy silvers!. Some chemistry terms may describe this better, but i dont know them so too bad. 
Unfortunately we are not working in the dark room, but in photoshop, where honestly the possibilities are endless. So i was playing with the curves of my image (tones and whatnot) and made a smiley face haha, i turned it to gray scale and it looked just like a solarized image. Funny how mistakes can turn out to be success sometimes. Any way, this is what a solarized image looks like in real life, dont be fooled by the stock photoshop filter its crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment