Home

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"The Beauty of Light"

I am reading over my process for this series that i wrote a few years ago. its pretty funny. Any way. I found something that really stuck out to me. and i quote myself haha... The photographs play around with the most basic concepts of photography, Light.
These pictures were taken while i was out to dinner one night with my family. I had my camera and saw this super rad spot to just shoot some photos. it was around christmas of 05'. So i just got out my camera and shot. Had a tripod too which made all these possible.
All my photos were developed myself. And this is the reason why every photo i have taken and developed means so much. When i was in high school we had the best dark room ever. What is weird is that thats the only thing the school really invested in, and there were like no kids in the photography program. funny. Well anyway there is just something so peaceful about being able to have total control of what you produce. Your not dropping your photos off to some  one else to let them do the work for you. Everything is you. and this is why photography in general is special to me.






Peep the flickr if 
you wanna see more.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, That logo your designing is pretty rock n' roll. i would clean up the boarder and make it less chaotic, it draws to much attention away from the words and picture. Also the Double R in "rain" is unecessary...I think. Hope that helps, otherwise it's bangin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these photos from NSHS? I think i remember seeing those ones of the xmas lights when i was there. Sick yo. xoxo-K

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool shit man, really like the long exposure stuff. check out my stuff when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete